Hello! So recently the St Enoch Centre in Glasgow asked to take part in a Blogger Shopping Challenge, to celebrate their later opening hours. Myself, Linsay from MissLinnyO and Laura from A Life With Frills were all given a £75 budget and challenged to find an outfit, in just one hour, to fit our chosen theme for a last minute shopping trip.
Coincidently, Andy and I had a trip to Edinburgh planned for the following weekend, so it made sense to pick an outfit for a 'Last Minute Weekend Away'. For me, packing for a weekend away is all about planning. Picking a few key pieces to rework throughout the weekend means you get different outfits, without carrying mountains of clothes. I worked out that I'd need an outfit for:
1. Day - Sight-seeing and shopping
2. Night - Dinner and drinks
3. Travelling Home - Comfy clothes for the car
I'm so glad I chose to go in H&M first. Within fifteen minutes I'd picked up this patterned bomber jacket (29.99) and black loose-fit trousers (19.99). Both were versatile enough for casual and dressy - perfect! I then set-off to Debenhams to find a top to dress up my trousers, and found this cream 3/4 sleeve top in the Miss Selfridge section for £25. This took me to £75 exactly - all done with five minutes to spare!
And here's how I styled them on my weekend away ....
1. Day: Shopping & Sightseeing - The jacket takes this t-shirt and jeans combo from 'boring' to one of my favourite outfits! My ASOS Lewis slipper shoes had their first outing too - and they're super comfy! It started raining before we left, so I grabbed my black coat and beanie to throw over the top to keep me warm and dry. I really like this outfit!
2. Night:Dinner and Drinks - These trousers are so comfy and easy to dress up,too. I think the shape of the top works really well with these trousers. Loose fitting trousers can sometimes be unflattering, but the bigger sleeves on the top help to balance out the bottom half. I wore my black and gold statement necklace and took my red clutch to add some colour.
3. Travelling Home - These trousers were perfect for travelling - it felt like I was wearing jammies! I wore my black chunky boots and added a tired face and messy hair to give it that real 'I don't want to go home' look. Oh how I wish the weekend was longer!
Thanks to St Enoch Centre for asking me to take part in such a fun challenge!
So where would you go if you had an hour to find an outfit?
St. Enoch Centre is now open until 7pm Monday to Friday with free parking between 5-7pm until 14th February.