Hello and Happy Pancake Day .. well, almost! Shall we say .. pancake day eve? I've been obsessed with making protein pancakes recently, so thought I'd share this super easy recipe today so you can try it out in the morning if you like. Since I did my Nosh Detox a week ago, I've been making sure that every meal I have is nutritious, healthy and most importantly, really tasty. These pancakes definitely fit the criteria. They consist of 4 simple ingredients and take just 10 minutes to make. So here's what you'll need and how to do it ...
What You'll Need (makes 2 large pancakes)
1 Very Ripe banana
1 Full Egg + 1 Egg White
1/2 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I use this one)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Chocolate and Banana Protein Pancakes
1. Mash the banana in a bowl thoroughly until it's almost liquid.
2. Add the eggs and mix with a fork until totally combined.
3. Add the protein powder and mix again until you have a pancake mix consistency.
4. Sprinkle in 1 tsp cinnamon (add more, less or none depending on your own preference) and mix again.
5. Heat a small frying pan and spray with Fry Light (or add a little olive oil)
6. Empty in the pancake mixture. I make two big pancakes from this, but you can obviously make smaller ones if you prefer. Try not to make them too thick, so they're easier to flip.
7. Cook on a low-medium heat for a 1-2 minutes. It's ready to flip when you're able to use the spatula to easily separate the pancake from the pan. Flip over and cook on the other side for a minute or two and .. voilà!
Now for the toppers! My favourite is lots of blueberries and strawberries, with a bit of honey or maple syrup over the top - although I try and keep that for the weekend! You could also top with lemon juice and icing sugar, or nutella if you want to mix it up a bit. The cooked banana and cinnamon are such a gorgeous combination that you can eat them on their own, and they do a good job of keeping you full until lunch time too.
I'm looking forward to trying out lots of different variations of pancakes. I spotted chocolate peanut butter flavour protein, which has sent my brain into overdrive - that sounds like it would be amazing! I really hope you enjoy making these if you give them a go, send me a pic on twitter or tag me in your instagram pics if you do! :)
Are any of you making pancakes tomorrow?
Maisy Meow | Fashion and Beauty Blogger