It's all about Valentines this week and today I thought I'd share an idea for those of you who don't want to spend a lot, but still want to give a little thoughtful gift. These white chocolate crispy cakes are super quick and easy to make, look so pretty and cost hardly anything to make. Plus, the best part is, once you've given them as a gift, you'll probably get to share them. You can take your tin back too, if you're shameless enough - I was.
What you'll need
400g Milky Bar Chocolate
Mini marshmallows ( here)
Mixed heart cake decorations (here)
Edible Glitter (£0.99 from Home Bargains)
Pink Tissue Paper
Cake Tin (£1.99 from Home Bargains)
White Chocolate Crispy Valentines Cakes
1. Break 300g of the chocolate into small pieces, put into a large bowl and melt in the microwave. Do not to heat for any longer than 10 seconds at a time without stirring in between.
2. Once it's melted, slowly pour in Rice Krispies while mixing. How much you use depends on how many you want to make and how chocolatey you want them to be, so it's really up to you. You'll be surprised at how far the chocolate goes - don't be afraid to add more Rice Krispies. I added enough to make about twice as many as shown above which was about 120g.
3. Add a handful of mini marshmallows and mix again.
4. Spread the mixture out flat into a shallow baking tray or bowl. This doesn't need cooked, so any bowl will do.
5. Melt the remaining 100g in the microwave - again, stirring every 10 seconds.
6. Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the mixture to create an even-ish surface.
7. Sprinkle the hearts over the melted chocolate and then the edible glitter.
8. Wait for 30-45 mins while the chocolate hardens or speed things up by putting it in the fridge.
9. Once hardened, cut into sections. I went for small squares, but you could make them bigger or even use a cute little heart cutter like this one to cut yours out.
10. Place your tissue paper into the cake tin and arrange them on top - and voilà!
Hope you all like this idea, let me know if you make them too :)
Are any of you giving home-made gifts this Valentines?
p.s you could a Marc Jacobs perfume this Valentines, enter my giveaway here!