Boobs are an interesting topic. A lot of girls with small boobs want big boobs, and those with big boobs want small boobs. Each side knows the cons of what we have and I suppose the grass is always greener. Personally, I'm on the big boob side. I wear a 28H bra - possibly the most awkward size in existence. Small back size, big cup size. I know that's something a lot of girls want but it's something I absolutely hate. I'd be flat chested in a heart beat if I had the choice. Big boobs aren't all they're cracked up to be.
1. The Underwear (of lack of) - 'Big boobs look so much better in underwear' they say. Really? Even if it's a black, white or nude plain t-shirt bra with industrial sized straps? That's basically our choice from size E upwards. Say goodbye to pretty sets from Primark - your ugly tan bra comes with matching granny pants. Yep, for some reason all the 'fuller bust' ranges seem to assume that we also need huge pants and a VPL.
2. The Cost - If that's not bad enough, they make you pay twice as much for your t-shirt bra and granny pants/five-man tent. For a bra that properly fits, you'll pay upwards of £30. You might occasionally be fooled and shop the new affordable 'fuller bust' range in high street shops, only to realise that they've got their own weird sizing rules and it.just.doesnt.bloody.fit. Congratulations, you've saved yourself £20 and now have 4 boobs instead of 2.
3. The Bounce - I'm convinced I'd be an Olympic runner if it wasn't for these things weighing me down. Even with the best sports bra, nothing holds them completely in place and if the pain in your lower back doesn't stop you running, the worry that your causing long-term sagging damage will.
4. The Clothes Struggle - If you listen really closely, you can hear big-boobed girls all around the world sighing with disappointment as they realise that pretty top on ASOS that's perfect for their night out, is backless, and therefore completely out of the question. And don't even suggest a strapless bra because above a certain size, they are completely and utterly useless. It's not just backless things either, any top or dress that threatens to reveal those ugly thick bra straps is a no-go unless you're prepared to use 34242,35235,352 rolls of sticky body tape to keep things in place and by that time, it's usually not worth the effort. Lacy bralets are out the question too, by the way, see point 1.
5. The Back Pain - Boobs aren't very well placed, in my opinion. If you read a health and safety manual, it tells you not to carry heavy objects at chest height but it seems us humans didn't get that memo. Lower back pain is real, even with a well-fitting bra. You also have to fight the constant urge to hunch your shoulders forward to bear the weight.
I could definitely go on, but I think you get my point. Of course, everyone is different but if you've always wanted bigger boobs, remember this post when you're looking at pretty bralets in Primark or buying 3+ bikinis for a week's holiday (bikinis are included in points 1 and 2, by the way). If you're bigger chested like me and agree with the points above, let's all just stick together in our practical nude bras and granny pants and remember that there's more important things to worry about in life. Like, for example, how many misdirected google hits I'm going to get now that I've mentioned the word 'boobs' so many times in one post.